December Speaking Events
New England Healthcare Internal Auditors Conference
On December 2, Mr. Bissey will address the New England Healthcare Internal Auditors in Mystic, CT. With co-presenter Dara Quinn, Vice President of Compliance and Internal Audit, CarePoint, Mr. Bissey will discuss “Best Practices for Managing Hospital-Physician Relationships to Reduce Risk.”
The session will cover:
- Recent regulatory enforcement actions.
- Focused Arrangements.
- How to prioritize and implement strategies for this high-risk area, including use of tools and technology.
- Best practices for auditing contracts to identify potential noncompliance with the basic elements of Stark and Anti-Kickback compliance.
HCCA Regional Conference
On December 11, Mr. Bissey will address the audience at the Houston HCCA Regional Conference about “Providing Effective Compliance Education.” The session, which takes place from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., will cover:
- The OIG in its compliance guidance expects healthcare providers to provide compliance education and use multiple techniques or approaches to convey the compliance message.
- Learn techniques and resources to engage and gain the interest of your audience during your compliance education.
- What’s the best way to provide compliance education to different audiences? Is it in-person or via computerized training or maybe a combination of both?
- What is the objective of your compliance education program? “AIDA”
- Don’t forget about your leadership and board… Learn techniques to constantly “sell” your education to this audience.
A full list of Bret’s speaking engagements for the year can be seen here.